All of our products are manufactured directly for you, the customer.
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) kits come with all materials and an instruction booklet describing how to properly assemble your new product. Some kits even come with an installation video. Our DIY kits are perfect for the home handyman!
Please contact us or call our toll free number, 1-800-668-2870, and ask one of our friendly staff.
Few things are more important to installation than correct measuring. It is critical to spend as much time and as many resources as necessary to obtain these measurements accurately and to be able to communicate them to Sunview and to your installers (pictures along with sketches are highly recommended).
To assist in this, Sunview will have worksheets of typical solariums available in which you can mark important dimensions and in which areas to check are identified. It is a good idea to use these forms wherever possible to ensure accurate collecting and communicating of these measurements.
The measurements that Sunview requires for most projects are:
- Length: The distance from one gable end to the other. For projects placed on a pony wall, we want the distance from plywood (or shiplap sheeting) to plywood. For projects without a pony wall, we want the distance from the outside of the 2 × 6 ledge that the solarium mounts onto.
- Rafter Projection: The horizontal distance from the ridge connection to the plywood sheeting on the pony wall. This is the horizontal length of the rafters.
- Height at Ridge: The distance from the top of the pony wall, or 2 × 6 ledge, to the top of the ridge ledge.
- Gable End Projection: The distance from the exterior wall of the house to the sheeting plywood on the front pony wall. This distance must be checked for both gable ends.
- Pony Wall Height: The distance from the floor to the top of the pony wall if necessary.
- Square of Plan: Check to ensure that the diagonal distance from corner to corner of the pony wall, or 2 × 6 ledge, is equal, plus or minus ¼-inch (6mm).
- Ridge: If the solarium ridge is to be connected to the building fascia board, check the size of the fascia and structural soundness. Note: Sunview will allow for mounting a 2 × 4 ledge between the solarium frame and the building. This ledge is generally covered in flashing and painted to match; this is done on site and supplied by the installer.
- Gable Ends: 2 × 8 framing against the house wall is required to provide a weather-tight seal. This framing is generally covered in flashing and painted to match; this is also done on site and supplied by the installer.
Visit our Build Your Own page to get started.