- I want to purchase! How do I submit an order?
- How do I clean my sunroom, solarium, screen room, or patio cover?
- Can you custom design something especially for me?
- Can I use my solarium in the winter?
- What is acrylic?
- Why use acrylic instead of glass?
- Can I use my existing deck or patio?
- What is your warranty and guarantee?
- What colors do you have?
- Do solariums leak?
- What do I need to measure when designing my solarium?
- Do I need a building permit?
- Do solariums get hot?
- Do they make blinds or covers for solariums?
- How can I get more information than is available on this website?
- How do I apply for a career at Sunview Solariums?
Please see our Procedures.
Whether you are in Canada or the United States simply dial our toll free number, 1-800-973-1867, and speak with our friendly staff or see our Contact Us page.
Rain will generally clean the exterior. Hose it down once a year if you experience especially dry conditions.
Mild dish soap and water will clean the interior very well.
Do not use: window cleaning sprays, scouring compounds, acetone, gasoline, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, lacquer thinner or other cleaners not reccomended.
We custom design all our solariums because we don't want people to have to change their house to suit the solarium. It is more cost efficient to change the solarium to suit your particular application. For more information, see our Procedures guide.
It depends on where you live and what the weather is like outside. Generally speaking people use their Sunview Solarium in all seasons. We don't recommend trying to heat your Solarium when it is -30°C (-22°F) outside strictly because of the cost. We have a lot of people that have Christmas parties in their Sunview Solarium.
Many people build a solarium, sunroom or conservatory over an outdoor hot tub that is used year round.
Acrylic is a transparent (synthetic) material that we use instead of glass. Acrylic is a type of plastic that derives its name from the chemical compound of which it is composed. It is made of clear, thermoplastic resins that are found in acrylic acid and natural sources like petroleum. Like all thermoplastics, acrylic becomes pliable when heated and rigid when cooled.
- Attractive: The outdoor feeling of acrylic creates a handsome decorative focus for your home.
- Affordable: Not only do you pay less for acrylic than for safety tempered glass, but ease of handling makes installation less expensive.
- Comfort: Solar tints reduce extreme heat build up.
- Design flexibility: Wider panels mean fewer framing members. Longer panels means wider rooms. Custom shapes are handled easily.
- Efficient: Acrylic panels have good insulating properties (up to 50% better than single pane glass), so you can save on the cost of heating through solar heat gain.
- Privacy: Tinted glazing for maximum privacy.
- Strong: Acrylic panels can stand up to the snow and wind of harsh winters. It's shatter-resistant so it's safer than glass.
- Surface hardness: Generally speaking, the surface hardness of acrylic is almost the same as that of aluminum. It is harder than some other plastic sheets but a bit softer than glass. Acrylic may be scratched due to abrasion.
- Thermal Conductivity: The thermal conductivity of acrylic is as small as that of phenolics and only one-sixth of that of glass.
- Warranty: Our limited ten year warranty proves our pride in our product.
- Water-clear: Colorless acrylic is as clear as rock crystal. Its light transmittance rate of 92%, this means that acrylic is the clearest material available on the market.
- Weather resistance: Acrylic has an extremely excellent resistance to sunlight, weather, and both high and low temperatures.
- Acrylic is lighter and stronger than glass. Acrylic is also clearer than glass and provides excellent UV protection.
- Acrylic is less expensive and easier to work with than glass so we can offer you a much better price.
- Acrylic is much safer than glass, especially in locations prone to tornados and hurricanes.
- Impact resistant.
- Unaffected by sun or salt spray.
- Temperature range of -40°C to 71°C ( -40°F to 160°F) for continuous service.
Yes! Our sunrooms, solariums, patio covers and screen rooms can be joined to an existing deck or patio or built up with a pony wall. Our products attach to your house without expensive modifications. If your deck floor has spaces between the floor boards for example, a typical Canadian outdoor deck made with 2 × 6s you will need to put a solid layer over top.
Sunview offers a limited ten year warranty. To view a sample of the warranty, click here.
The rafters are stocked in chocolate brown or white. Custom colors are also available. These are virtually maintenance free and require no ongoing painting or staining. The acrylic comes in bronze medium tint or clear (clear not recommended).
Although leaking has been a major concern for sunroom construction for years Sunview has developed a unique one piece glazing system to eliminate most of the joints in the structure, thus reducing the possibility of leaks. Most leaks are caused by faulty installation and our Sunview system makes it easier for contractors to eliminate the leak sources before they happen.
Please read our section on measuring in our Procedures guide.
All of our products are designed to meet local building codes. We have the engineering support so that you can get a building permit in Canada and the United States.
Without proper air ventilation your sunroom or solarium will heat up with the sunlight. To alleviate the problem we install a ventilation system or combination of systems which may or may not include air vents, screens and/or fans* on the opposing walls (gables), exhaust fans, sliding patio doors and/or regular sized doors.
Your Solariums may also be fitted with blinds or covers on the inside and/or outside if you so please.
*Our Fan-Tastic Vent ventilation fans carry a two year limited manufacturers warranty. Controllers allow for manual or automatic control.
Call Sunview Solariums's toll free number, 1-800-668-2870, to speak with our friendly staff.
Check for available career opportunities on our Careers page. Applications for Dealers and Sales Agents are always welcome. Please inquire if your territory is open and available.
E-mail or fax us a copy of your resumé. Alternatively you can call us or drop in with your resumé at one of our showroom locations.
All of our products are backed with an industry-leading ten-year limited warranty. We are continually looking at ways of improving not only the quality but the fit and finish of each of our product lines. We work diligently with the local installers to ensure you will have decades of enjoyable use from your Sunview Solariums purchase.